1. Regular Courses for FLS of HPFD:-
(a) 18 Months Course for Newly Recruited Range Forest Officers , Sponsored by DFE Dehradun, Govt. of India.
(b) In – Service Training of Forest Guards of 5 ½ months duration.
(c) Induction Courses for newly recruited Forest Guards. 45 days.
(d) 03 Weeks Orientation Course for newly recruited Forest Guards.
(e) 9 Weeks Core Forestry Course newly recruited Forest Guards.
(f) 6 Weeks Advance Course newly recruited Forest Guards.
2. Short Term specialized Courses for HPFD and other Departments/ Boards/ Corporations/ Projects and outside the state.
Customized Trainings offered by FTI Sundernagar to HPFD, HPFSC/other Departments /Projects/ Boards/community members etc.:-
1. Training of Trainers
2. Zoo management
3. Gender sensitization
5. Forest Accounts
6. Wild –Life Census
7. Forest Fire Prevention
8. Management & Conservation of NTFP/Medicinal herbs
9. Watershed Management.
10. Participatory Resource Management Techniques.
11. Formation & Management of Self Help Groups.
12. Nature Awareness Training Camps.
13. Orientation course for Forest Guards, Dy. Ranger of Forest Dept.& H. P. Forest Corporation.
14. Orientation Course for Promoted Range Forest officers.
15. Field Forestry Fundamentals for Forest Workers.
16. Capacity building training to Para-Accountants/Motivators/ Facilitators of Mid- Himalayan Watershed Development Project.
17. Computer Training for Ministerial Staff in MS Office.
18. Orientation Courses for HPFS and RFOs.
19. Forestry Training Centre can design & conduct customized and tailor made courses study needs of the funding agency.
Teaching Method applied :-
- Classroom Lecture/Participatory sessions.
- Group Discussions.
- Practical Demonstrations.
- Video Projections.
- Power Point Presentations.
- Field visits.
Training Aids available:-
- LCD Projectors.
- Flip Charts.
- VCR/T.V./Video Projector
- A Small Trainees library.
- Printed lecture notes in the form of carry Home Booklets.
Other Facilities:- Following facilities are available at FTC Sundernagar
- Volleyball Ground
- Badminton Ground
- T.T. Room
- T.V. in mess.
- Drinking R.O. filtered Water is available.
Permanent :- FTI is providing training with the help of experienced faculty members. Director, Deputy Directors , Astt. Directors and Physical Training Instructor are responsible to provide trainings .
Guest faculty:- To make training more effective and interesting, experts within and outside the department are regularly invited to deliver special lectures. The Training Institute also invites faculty officers/ officials as per requirement of training.
Campus infrastructure :-
The Institute is having capacity of training 60 persons at a time in a specialized /short term courses. The rates of the training are approved rates of NRMTDS “ This training Institute has the capacity to run two courses simultaneously 30 participants”
Computers Lab : The institute is having the latest Computer Lab with 32 PCs having latest OS and Internet connection . The Courses/training are also conducted in Computer Applications also.
Parking for vehicles : The Institute is having its own parking for Parking Vehichles of Trainees.